„PICK UP AN INSTRUMENT!“
NEW MUSICIANS, INSTRUMENTS AND STORIES WANTED!
In July 2022, the festival OSTEN is to take place in Bitterfeld-Wolfen. Together with the music school „Gottfried Kirchhoff“ the composer and director Ari Benjamin Meyers has a special plan: He wants to found a factory orchestra. If the slogan of the Bitterfeld Way 60 years ago was „Reach for the pen, buddy!“, now it’s „Reach for the instrument!“ In keeping with the tradition of the former Workers‘ Symphony Orchestra. What’s special here is that in this orchestra, the children are the teachers. They teach adults basic skills on their instrument. Together, they create an orchestra that is all about one thing: learning to listen to each other. And not taking themselves too seriously. Ari Benjamin Meyers writes a composition for the new orchestra. In the end, there will be a world premiere at the international arts festival.
FOR THIS PROJECT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- People 20 years and older who have a desire to learn a (new) instrument. No previous knowledge is necessary!
- People who can tell something about the Arbeiter-Sinfonie-Orchester
- Sheet music, program booklets or similar of the former Arbeiter-Sinfonie-Orchester
- Instruments: Do you still have an instrument in your attic that you would like to donate or lend? We are happy about everything!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Once a month, on Saturdays and Sundays, free lessons on an instrument for one year, project start date: September 11, 2021.
- Exchanges with people you wouldn’t otherwise meet.
- An experience you won’t soon forget: You are part of an artistic experiment!
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
- If you want to play along, simply register via the contact form of the music school. Here you can also indicate your instrument preference. https://www.musikschule-bitterfeld.de
- If you would like to contribute a story, an instrument, or are simply interested and would like more information, please contact us with a short mail at email@example.com.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOU!!! https://www.musikschule-bitterfeld.de